Repair Service Procedures
The definition of defective products falls into three categories as described below:
- DOA (Defect On Arrival)
- Defect occurs within 30 days of purchase.
- IRMA (In Warranty of Return Merchandise Authorization)
- Defect occurs after 30 days of purchase and before the warranty has expired.
- ORMA (Out of Warranty Return Merchandise Authorization)
- Defect occurs after the warranty has expired.
The above terms are determined by the purchase date on the invoice up to the time the product is returned to Arbor. Arbor's repair service procedure is as follows:
1. Obtain an RMA number:
(1) Please link to ARBOR web site at http://rma.arbor.com.tw/erma_tw/ fill out and submit the RMA request on eRMA system for details. If you are first time login eRMA system please email to the corresponding RMA person. If you do not know who the correct contact person is, please check Arbor's Web site or contact your Arbor sales representative.
(2) Arbor's repair service personnel (RMA OP) will check that the "RMA request" has been completed correctly. Once this has been verified the customer will receive an RMA number.
(3) If you need a defective product to be replaced rather than wait for it repaired, this must be noted in your "RMA Request " Please pay attention to the following statement:
- Only DOA products will be replaced. DOA products will only be replaced as long as products are in stock.
- The customer is required to fill out the "DOA Replacement Agreement" and to sign the "P/I" then fax those to Arbor.
- The customer is required to provide the tracking number for initiating the DOA Cross Shipment.
(4) Arbor promises to keep a RMA team with most efficiency, most RMA goods will be returned within 14 working days.(exclude time of shipment from and to the customer and depend on each shipment quantity less than 30 PCS).
2. Package and Delivery
(1) Returned products must be packed properly to avoid damage during transit.
(2) DOA products: DOA products qualify for complete replacement and have to be returned with all accessories and user documentation that were included in the original purchase.
(3) IRMA and ORMA products: Only the defective product should be returned. Non-defective accessories of IRMA and ORMA items (such as CPU, RAM, user documentation, or cables) should not be returned.
(4) The Arbor RMA number must be clearly marked on the package before delivery.
(5) To speed up the repair procedure, please notify our RMA OP by email with the following information: shipping date, quantity, and tracking number.
3. Product Check on Arrival
(1) Arbor's RMA OP personnel will check your product within eight hours of its arrival.
(2) If the product arrives undamaged and conforms to the conditions described on the "RMA request", it will be transferred to Arbor's RE engineers for repair.
(3) If the product is damaged or there is inconsistency with the "RMA request" description, Arbor will contact the customer before proceeding.
(1) The repair engineer will repair the defect as described by the customer. The product will also be tested to ensure it is in proper working order.
(2) If no additional problems are detected, Arbor will notify the customer.
(3) If the customer does not reply within 48 hours and no failure occurs during testing, the product will be processed as NTF (No testing failure).
(4) Arbor promises to keep a RMA team with most efficiency, most RMA goods will be returned within 14 working days.(exclude time of shipment from and to the customer).
(1) The customer will be charged for repairs if:
- ORMA terms apply
- IRMA or DOA terms apply, but it is determined by Arbor's repair engineer that the defect was caused by abuse, misuse or unauthorized repair.
(2) Repair engineers will provide a repair report for RMA products that will be charged.
(3) RMA OP personnel will send a report and P/I (Performance Invoice) to the customer for confirmation.
6. Package and Shipping
(1) RMA OP personnel will pack the repaired RMA product, in suitable packaging, along with a maintenance report.
(2) The RMA number and quantity will be clearly marked on the package.
(3) The customer will receive email notification of the product RMA number, shipping date, and tracking number.